Training Workshop Example
This course will enable you to qualify as a Level 3 and Level 4 Commercial Energy Assessor. It makes sense to qualify to up to Level 4 as this will give you access to all Commercial Buildings requiring EPCs. This course is designed for new entrants with no previous experience necessary. There is no exam; however you will be expected to produce a Portfolio of 3 sample surveys to demonstrate your competence. We will supply you with two of these buildings during the course. The Commercial Energy Assessor role is challenging yet satisfying as you will be inspecting many varied buildings and producing Energy Performance Certificates in a professional environment. Green Deal Advisors will need to be Qualified NDEAs. The progress is totally up to the learner but can be completed in less than 2 weeks and we will help progress learners to achieve their goals.The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and all course material, along with refreshments throughout the day.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Business Opportunity
- Building and Construction Types
- Course, Structure, Administration and Organisation
- Age of construction, modifications etc
- Data collection. Site notes survey sheets, photos, evidence requirements
- Mechanical and Electrical services recognition for simple commercial properties
- Software Training
- Types of Heating
- Natural ventilation
- Mechanical ventilation
- Renewable energy sources
- Control systems
- ISBEM training
- Data input
- Reading Architects Drawings
- Tendering, Pricing
- Portfolio planning
- Survey of Building
- Data entry into software
- Advanced data input into iSBEM
- Portfolio Guidance
- Recap of training
- Paper Based Exam
- New entrants to the industry will need to complete and qualify using our combined NDEA training course over 5 days.
- The course requires pre-course reading and preparation/assessment prior the required attendance for the training.
- The course requires a good level of English and report writing skills
- The course requires a good level IT skills and computer use
- Students will need to have access to e-mail and internet at their home.
Do I have to produce a portfolio?
All learners produce a portfolio of evidence that they have acquired the required knowledge and have carried out 5 inspections to the standard. The external verifier from City & Guilds checks this before they will issue certificates.
Please note that all accommodation must be booked separately online. For any accommodation enquiries, please call +44(0)1202 123456.
The nearest station is Bournemouth. The journey from London takes approximately 2 hours, trains from other parts of the UK also stop here. For timetables and prices please try the South West Trains website.
Unless coming from the South West of England or South Wales, Bournemouth is most easily accessed via the M3 and then the M27. If coming from the South West of England then the A35 offers a scenic but sometimes slow route in. If coming from South Wales/Bristol direction then the A350 via Shaftesbury and Blandford Forum is the most direct route.